Welcome to MACCRAY Public Schools! My goal of becoming a Superintendent in a School District such as MACCRAY, is that I recognize MACCRAY as having provided excellence in education to the students of the district with the beliefs consistent to that of my own. I am excited to utilize my experiences and visioning to further develop all areas of the District that are in the best interest of the students we serve. The future of the MACCRAY Public School District, whose student population is steady, financially stable, and fiscally responsible, has the potential for growth that will propel the District into an even brighter future of success, being a leader in the region in academics and activities.
As superintendent, it is my responsibility, along with the School Board, staff, parents and members of the communities to provide the best opportunities for our students to experience success. By providing students with the best teachers, facilities and the necessary curricular, extra-curricular experiences, the students will be poised to achieve the highest level possible and look forward to working with all of you to meet and exceed your expectations.
As I begin my 29th year in education and my second year as Superintendent for the MACCRAY Public Schools, I share with you how proud I am for the opportunity to serve the students, parents, staff and communities. My wife, Sherri, and I are grateful for the reception we have received and we look forward to a continued presence. By being actively involved and visible participants in the communities, we are excited to be part of the bright future for MACCRAY.
District Mission Statement:
Provide an environment for individuals to become knowledgeable, respectful, independent lifelong learners who are positive contributors to society.
The environment of the MACCRAY School District will be safe, nurturing, and professional to:
- Support and Promote educational success of ALL.
- Promote social wellness.
- Provide educational opportunities that are rigorous, challenging and fair for ALL students.
- Reflect high standards of work, discipline and values.
- Alignment of curriculum to the state standards
- Grade level alignment of curriculum
- Make AYP
- Enhance and utilize technology.
- Technology Integrationists – Technology Vision Statement
- Various platforms to communicate with the respective sites (Google Hangouts, etc.)
- Encourage and support all educators to be highly qualified and enthusiastic.
- Greater attendance in Professional Development Opportunities